Source: Fresh Land Magazine
Published and curated from Fresh Land Magazine Read More
If you are looking to sell your home, or are looking to just spruce up the place to give it a “new home” feel, here are some simple ways that you can add value to your home, and help give it a bit of a face lift without fully remodeling it. These simple ways are fairly inexpensive and simple to do yourself.
- Paint the interior or exterior of your home. Adding a fresh coat of paint to your home will help hide any knicks or stains on the wall that you may not have noticed before. Even if the paint you are adding is the same color that was there previously, a new coat will help your home look new.
- Add a fresh coat of sealant to your driveway or walkway. This is fairly easy to do yourself. You can purchase sealant from the local hardware store. A sealant will make your driveway look nice and shiny.
- Update your lighting fixtures or install new ones. Just like any trend, lighting fixtures can go out of style. Try finding some nice new ones and swap them out for an updated look. When adding outdoor lighting, it can be fun to add lamps with a beveled design in the glass to add patterns of light on the ground. If you are having a difficult time swapping out any light fixtures, it may be smart to hire a professional Rexburg electrician to ensure that it is installed correctly.
- Replace old hardware such as doorknobs and cabinet handles. The hardware in your home could be out of style, especially if it has been many years since you’ve installed it. If your door knobs and hardware are different finishes or colors, make sure they are all the same. Luckily cabinet knobs, and door knobs are fairly inexpensive and can give your kitchen and home a nice pop of style.
- Landscape the front and backyard. Landscaping is fairly inexpensive if you can do it yourself. Cutting back any dead plants, and adding fresh mulch and bright flowers will help add some curb appeal to your home.
- Install a smart thermostat. This is one that will really add value to your home. When people are looking to buy a home, a smart thermostat is always attractive to potential buyers. These can be on the more expensive side but they are very efficient, which could end up saving you money through your electric bill.
- Add a new mailbox or house numbers. If your home still has the original house numbers, it is time to update it with nice new numbers. Why would you want your home to look just like everyone else’s? There are some very trendy and nice numbers. You could get a custom number plaque from etsy or you could even buy just the numbers from your local hardware store.
- Replace old appliances with energy-efficient models. The trend of today is to be energy efficient, especially with the price of utility bills rising. No one wants to buy a home where they will know they have to run inefficient appliances. New appliances will also look more sleek and add lots of value to your home.
- Consider remodeling the kitchen and bathroom. These projects are known for offering the highest return on investment, however it is fairly expensive if you cannot do it on your own.
- Lastly, keeping the house clean, decluttered and well-maintained at all times, will make your home look great and more appealing to potential buyers. When you keep your home clean, it will stay looking nicer for much longer, and your furniture will last longer.